Kid-e-librarian

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yum! Delicious!

I have never heard of del.icio.us until working on Learning 2.0. I think that this tool will be very useful. Traditional bookmarking isn't always that great...when I moved here three years ago, of course I lost all of my bookmarks I had at home and at work. But, if I had had a del.icio.us account I could have kept everything easily. I could have had all my bookmarks in one place, as opposed to two different computers in a whole other state! I can also see how useful this tool could be with research for the same reason. Instead of bookmarking sites in various places, everything can just be put in one place that can be accessed from anywhere. When looking around the site, it was very interesting to see the different tags people use, follow through with a specific tag or click on one of the user names and see what other things they have saved. I also think that it is such a great tool because you can see what other people think about a site. Not to be redundant, but I did a search on "Harry Potter" and it is interesting to see what sites people find as "the best" just by looking at their comments. What a great tool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home